QR Tax Service Online Privacy Practices
QR Tax Service offers tax preparation services through various affiliates or partners. Because we offer both online (via the Internet) and throughout QR Tax Service’s network of offices, QR Tax Service’s privacy practices will vary depending on how you interact with QR Tax Service. The following guidelines set forth general privacy principles that apply to our Web site. When you establish a business relationship with QR Tax Service, we will make you aware of our privacy practices that apply to that particular business or relationship.
Information We Collect
When you visit QRTaxService.com, we may collect information about you from the following categories and sources:
- Information we receive when you request services, or information from us or companies with whom we have business relationships, enter contests or sweepstakes, or complete surveys or polls, such as your name, address, e-mail address and payment or billing information.
- Information you provide when you apply for employment with QR Tax Service or any of its affiliates or partners.
- Like most standard Web site servers, QR Tax Service uses log files. Information collected in log files may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We utilize this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. When you use certain online tax services, IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to enable users to file or transmit tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service.
How We May Disclose Your Information
Tax return information that QR Tax Service collects from you is controlled by Section 7216 of the Internal Revenue Code, the Gramm Leach Bliley Act of 1999, certain other laws, and QR Tax Service policies.
For information collected on QRTaxService.com as described above under “Information We Collect”, QR Tax Service may disclose such information to the following categories of persons:
- Third Parties. QR Tax Serivce does not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their promotional or marketing uses.
- Affiliates or partners. QR Tax Service may provide information it collects to its affiliates or partners. We disclose information to our affiliates or partners in order to respond to your requests for information or services, or to help limit your receipt of marketing materials you have requested not to receive.
- Service Providers. QR Tax Service may disclose information to a service provider in order to perform a service for QR Tax Service or perform a function on our behalf. Examples could include sweepstakes administrators that help us manage contests and sweepstakes we offer, or companies that print letters or manage our electronic mail for us. Service providers will use the information provided to them to perform the requested service as directed by QR Tax Service.
- Partners. If you request services in an area served by a QR Tax Service partner, or if you enroll in a tax course provided by a QR Tax Service partner, QR Tax Service may disclose your service request or enrollment information to such partner.
- Persons Who Acquire Our Assets or Business. If QR Tax Service sells or transfers any of its business or assets, certain information about our clients may be a part of that sale or transfer. In the event of such a sale or transfer, QR Tax Serivce will notify you. The notification procedure will be the same as the procedure we use to notify you of a change in our privacy statement as described below.
- Persons Who Request Information for Legal Purposes. We may disclose your information to affiliates or partners or non-affiliated third parties when we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required by law. This may occur in connection with a court order, legal process, or other judicial, administrative or investigative proceeding that produces a request for information from QR Tax Service.
Links to Other Web sites and Offers for Third Party Products.
QR Tax Service’s Web site may contain links to third party Web sites or offers for services from third parties. For any such third party products or services, you should carefully read the privacy policies of the third parties providing such products or services and any terms and conditions applicable to such products or services.
QR Tax Service clearly indicated on our Web sites. When you request products or services from such companies, you give QR Tax Service permission to provide these third parties with personal information about you necessary to fulfill or process your request.
As an example, we may have special offers for dial-up or broadband internet service on our Web site through a third party provider. If you click on a link promoting such services you may be linked directly to the third party site or QR Tax Service may collect and provide information about you to such third party to fulfill your request for such internet services.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement.
If we make a material change to this Privacy Statement, including a material change in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by using one of the following methods at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of such change: (1) we will post a notice on our Web site describing the change; or (2) we will send you electronic mail notifying you of the change.
Contacting Us With Questions